Summer Grilling Safety Tips
With the summer in full swing we thought we'd do a little public service announcement here and talk about grilling safety. Grills are great for cooking up some savory protein but can be harmful and deadly if used improperly.
1. Only use grills outdoors. This goes for both charcoal and propane grills. Grills are designed only for outdoor use.
2. Keep pets and children away from the grill. Remember even the outside of the grill gets extremely hot so if a curious pet or child brushes up or touches the side of the grill, they can get burned badly.
3. Never leave the grill unattended. "Hey grill master! What are you doing?" Your job is grilling. Leave other food prep to guests or other hosts.
4. Always clean your grill. Old grease and oil can start huge fires.
5. Always check your propane grill for leaks. Overtime lines and valves start to leak. It is important to do a "once over" every time you use your grill, especially if you haven't used your grill in a while.
Hopefully these basic tips will lead to a continued safe grilling season for you! Happy summer from all of us at Ferndale Realty!